BEVERLY, Mass., April 12, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Altova® (http://www.altova.com) announced the release of Version 2023 Release 2 of its desktop developer tools, server software, and regulatory solutions with important new features.
“We are excited to roll out ongoing updates for editing JSON and XML in Grid View, as well as customer-requested support for additional EDI formats and HTML output options in our software development and data integration tools,” said Alexander Falk, President and CEO for Altova. “We’ve also added a new extension taxonomy designer to the ESEF XBRL add-in for Excel, making this tool even more useful for non-technical users working to create regulatory filing reports.”
New features across the product line include:
- Split mode in Grid View in XMLSpy lets developers divide the editing view of one document into two panes, either vertically or horizontally, to make navigating and editing large documents easier.
- Option to create a new document from XPath/XQuery results in XMLSpy. In addition to instant evaluation of expressions in the intelligent XPath/XQuery window, it is now possible to create a new document from the results with one click, saving a tremendous amount of time.
- Support for VDA EDI messages in MapForce. Added based on customer requests, support for this format used by the German Association of the Automotive Industry adds to support for numerous other popular EDI formats and versions thereof.
- New HTML output options include the option to embed images in HTML reports generated by StyleVision for easy sharing and to produce diff reports in HTML in DiffDog.
- ESEF extension taxonomy designer in the Altova ESEF XBRL add-in for Excel. Prior to tagging ESEF reports in XBRL for submission, organizations need a company-specific ESEF extension taxonomy. Now customers can design this visually, directly in Excel and without being exposed to the underlying XBRL syntax. This new designer makes the Altova ESEF XBRL add-in for Excel the only tool companies need to create valid ESEF XBRL reports in an easy, user-friendly way.
These and many additional features are available in Version 2023r2. To view the new features in each product and access trial downloads please visit: https://www.altova.com/whatsnew
Altova® is a software company offering specialized tools for both developers and business users. The creator of XMLSpy®, MapForce® and other award-winning products, Altova is a key player in the software tools industry and the leader in XML and JSON solution development tools. The company offers a complete line of desktop developer software for XML, JSON, SQL, and UML; high-performance workflow automation server products; and a cross-platform mobile and enterprise app development platform. In addition, the Altova Cloud offers complete SaaS apps that make working with complex technologies easy for business users. With over 5.5 million users worldwide, including 91% of Fortune 500 organizations, Altova is honored to serve clients from one-person shops to the world’s largest organizations. Altova is committed to delivering standards-based, platform-independent solutions that are powerful, affordable, and easy-to-use. Founded in 1992, Altova is headquartered in Beverly, Massachusetts and Vienna, Austria.
Altova, MobileTogether, MissionKit, XMLSpy, MapForce, FlowForce, RaptorXML, StyleVision, UModel, DatabaseSpy, DiffDog, SchemaAgent, and Authentic are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Altova GmbH in the United States and other countries. The names of and references to other companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
EU: +43 (1) 545 5155 -0
Media Relations Contact: